I’m sure you have seen these being sold for loads of money even though they are relatively easy to make and only cost around $20.
All you need is:
- A World Map (I based my entire project out of the size of my map) Staples has some great options in general. I also do not prefer the Mercator projection because of THIS great and informative scene from West Wing.
2. A big sheet of carbon paper for tracing. Tracing was the hardest part because it was hard to see where I had traced and where I hadn’t.
3. Stain (I don’t like jell stain for projects like this! It’s too clumpy!) There I said it! I DON’T LIKE JELL STAIN!
4. Wood Conditioner (So your stain doesn’t bleed out of the lines)
5. Wood! I used pine and had them cut it for me at Lowes because I made this before I owned actual tools.
6. Love 🙂